- Wolves are excellent hunters and have been found to be living in more places in the world than any other mammal except humans.
- Most wolves weigh about 40 kilograms but the heaviest wolf ever recorded weighed over 80 kilograms!
- A wolf can run at a speed of 65 kilometers per hour during a chase. Wolves have long legs and spend most of their time trotting at a speed of 12-16 kilometers per hour. They can keep up a reasonable pace for hours and have been known to cover distances of 90 kilometers in one night.
- A wolf pups eyes are blue at birth and slowly turn yellow over time.
- A hungry wolf can eat 20 pounds of meat in a single meal, the equivalent of a person eating 100 hamburgers.
- Betwween 1883-1918 there were over 80,000 wolves killed in Montana for bounty.